LECTURES, COURSES, WORKSHOP
Event Registration and Membership
Become a Member of the C.G. Jung Foundation of Ontario
The C.G. Jung Foundation of Ontario exists to promote awareness of the work of C.G. Jung in this region. It was established in 1970 by James Shaw as the “Analytical Psychology Society of Ontario” or APSO in accordance with then-established norms for Jungian discussion groups. The club sponsored many interesting talks, seminars and workshops, and membership numbers grew.
A strong desire to name the organization after C.G. Jung was conveyed by Shaw to Jung’s heirs, and in 1979 he learned that they preferred, "that these Societies are in the hands of fully trained, competent Jungian analysts, and that they really practise in the spirit of C.G. Jung." He presented this and its implications to APSO's membership in August 1980, which overwhelmingly approved such changes as the establishment of an executive committee with majority analyst membership.
After these significant changes, whose effect was to create a public face for the Ontario Association of Jungian Analysts, the group in March 1982 legally changed its incorporated name from APSO to the C.G. Jung Foundation of Ontario. Premises were rented on St. Clair Avenue West, a Jungian lending library and reference collection was established, and a quarterly newsletter, Chiron, started to be published. A public education programme taught by Jungian Analysts has been offered ever since. Member support helps greatly to sustain these efforts.
In 2012 our rental premises were sold for redevelopment, and in the summer of 2013 we moved to our current location, the Arts & Letters Club of Toronto.
Lecture tickets are available at the door or in advance. Payments made online qualify for a $5 discount!
Pre-registration with payment is encouraged for all lectures, seminars, and workshops. Call the office to enquire about last-minute pre-registration. N.B: Courses will be cancelled, with full refund, if stated minimum registration numbers are not met.
Members pay $20 in advance and/or at the door
Non-members: $20 in advance; $25 at the door
Sustaining Members: free
Payment in advance can be by cheque, cash or online. $5.00 added to advance price if paying at event.
Here are the ways you can register for an event:
- Click the "Add to Cart" button corresponding with one or more events on the Public Events page, then follow the instructions to pay online.
- Print and complete both pages of this Membership Application & Registration form and then mail it to the office as directed on the form.
- be sent to you by mail. Complete the form, then mail to the office as directed on the form.
Any amount is appreciated. You will be sent a receipt at the end of the calendar year in which you've donated. Click the Donate button below, then enter any donation amount.
Types of Memberships:
Sustaining Member: $300
- $300 charitable donation tax receipt
- free admission to Thursday lectures
- $30 charitable donation tax receipt
Benefits of Membership
- supports promotion of Analytical Psychology and the work of C.G. Jung;
- borrowing privileges at the Fraser Boa Library (three weeks per book, renewable);
- $20 lecture price, the discounted price, which is otherwise only offered for on-line booking;
Lecture tickets are not refundable but can be exchanged for another lecture up to one week prior to an event.
Seminars and workshops:
Registrations can be exchanged for another event, or monies refunded, up to two weeks before the event within the calendar year, less a $15 administration fee.